TextMate is a great text editor for Macs. Its supports a myriad of programming and scripting languages. However, after I installed it. I was unable to get the SQL bundle to work properly on Mac OS X (10.6.x) or Snow Leopard. I blew it off for a while.
Then I found this post by 豆皮儿.
The post says to replace the keychain and plist bundles in TextMate’s application bundle. Instead of using the command line, I recommend these steps:
- Go to http://svn.textmate.org/trunk/Support/lib/osx
- Download keychain.bundle and plist.bundle.
- In the Finder window, navigate to /Applications/TextMate.app and right-click Show Package Contents.
- Navigate to /Contents/SharedSupport/Support/lib/osx.
- From your downloads directory, drag the new keychain and plist bundles to the osx directory.
- Open TextMate, configure the SQL bundle (SQL > Preferences) and test a query such as “SELECT 1;”
That’s it. Enjoy.